Technically it’s not summer in Nigeria, as a matter of fact it’s the wet season, but we have managed to adopt the term “summer” from the western world, as a time in which schools take their long break (about 3 months). In reality, it’s pouring and cranking our style (still beats the heat tbh).
So, here are a few things to love as summer creeps in
- Shoulder cut outs – These are personally my favourites, also called the cold shoulders, feel very chic in them.
- The snap chat flower crown filter- Seems to have come to take over the dog filter, started from Coachella now snap chat users can’t seem to get enough of it, looks like it’s going to be around for a while, also makes you look prettier.
- Statement Sunglasses- Bold is beautiful, must have a pair or eye-catching popping sunglasses (the sun still comes up in the wet season lol). Let those sunglasses be the centre of attention when you’re outdoor. Adds a little drama to your stride.
- Bronzers- I don’t know about you but I’m ready to start glowing, it might be a bit wet but a nice summer glow never hurt anybody. We don’t sunbath because we don’t want to get burnt, our skin is tan enough, but for a fresh sun-kissed look, bronzer will do just right. Choose the right shade and you’re good to go.
- The Nightlife – Yes Yes, go out and have some fun with friends. A lot of lovely places to spend the night at, whether it’s just to chill and relax or turn up all night, there’s a place to go. With good company, a few drinks and good music it’s bound to be a good time. So, take some time out, choose a spot and enjoy the night!