We don’t all need to be fitness gurus or gym enthusiast to keep a toned figure. Most of us probably don’t have the time to be in the gym as often as we would like to or are just plain lazy.
Here are simple workouts you can do at your convenience and don’t require too much effort. Just simply have fun doing them! Better still get a partner to join you for some encouragement.
These workouts can be done at night right before bed or in the morning, wouldn’t take up to 20 minutes of your time
- 45-second knee plank
- 45-second plank
- 30-second side plank (this one gets a bit harder)
- 30-second mountain climber
- 30-second jackknife sit-up
- 30-second cobra stretch
When you’re free and want to enjoy the great outdoors, you might as well engage in full body workouts
- Jump in the pool and have a swim, one hour in the pool can burn 600 calories.
- Instead of driving to that corner store or for that quick appointment down the block, you might as well walk, you’re burning calories and running errands at the same time.
- Jump roping, you burn up to 1000+ calories per hour with this.
Office workouts are not left out! Two very simple workouts to be done with just your office chair;
Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair, with hands next to hips. Slide your bottom off the edge and bend elbows to 90 degrees. Be sure to keep your back close to the chair, then push back up. Do 10 to 12 repetitions.
Standing Hip Extension
Stand with feet hip-distance apart. Shift weight to right foot, and extend left leg behind; lift and lower left foot, squeezing your butt. Use a chair for balance. Do 12 to 15 repetitions, then switch.
Remember consistency matters! try making these workouts a habit and see your body transform before your very eyes.