1. Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian Snapchatted the unveiling of the video at L.A.’s Forum. It looks like it was an insane party:
2. It took a LONG time to make. According to an interview, Kanye did with Vanity Fair, the video was filmed over a period of three months and cycled through four different formats and several different collaborators until West felt he’d achieved the result he wanted.
3. Some of the nude celebrities are real and some are not. According to Vanity Fair, Kanye wouldn’t tell them which were and which weren’t. “[He] leaves you guessing as to which of the celebrities are really playing themselves and which are presumably only there by the grace of some advanced prosthetic wizardry.”
4. Kanye can’t be Kanye. Kanye tweeted and then deleted this gem after the video was posted to Tidal:
And you know what? He’ll probably get his wish, deleted tweet or not:
5. Kanye was inspired by these two artists. He called American artist Matthew Barney (most famous for the CREMASTER cycle) his “Jesus,” and he was inspired by America realist painter Vincent Desiderio.
6. Kim Kardashian signed off on the video. “[I say] a lot of lines other wives would not allow a husband to say,” he told Vanity Fair. “But my wife also puts up photos that other husbands wouldn’t let them put up. One of the keys to happiness in our marriage is we’re allowed to be ourselves.”
7. This is just the beginning. In August, Kanye sets out on his nearly 40-city North American tour to perform The Life of Pablo, and apparently “Famous” is just a “hint” of what we can expect to see from this crazed genius.